UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Nov 2017, 2:37 pm   #1
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Tektronix 2225 inverter transformer - replacement/rewind/what options?

Got a limping Tektronix 2225 here. It's mostly ok but the inverter transformer arcs on turn on and turn off and after it has warmed up it starts arcing again periodically. Enough to be annoying.

Turns out that replacements are entirely unobtainable.

Ergo, this leaves me with a couple of options: wait for another 2225 to come along which is in a state and buy it for parts, or rewind the transformer in this one.

What sort of effort and cost is required to do this kind of heavy lifting with respect to the transformer? I've wound an E-core from scratch once before and that is it.
Old 21st Nov 2017, 3:36 pm   #2
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: Tektronix 2225 inverter transformer - replacement/rewind/what options?

I spoke too soon. I had replaced all the power supply capacitors but missed one. I just replaced that and it's all good! I assume the thing must have gone over-voltage due to a duff cap and arced out.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 11:48 am   #3
Vintage Engr
Heptode

Default Re: Tektronix 2225 inverter transformer - replacement/rewind/what options?

I had a near identical fault on a Telequipment, which were made by TEK.

David.
Closed Thread