UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jun 2015, 12:37 pm   #1
logie67
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye 67/ Ekco T510 Dual standard TV sound Fault

Hi All,
Im operating this TV via a Aurora Standards converter, get a great picture but no sound, if you turn the front tuning dial to the left slightly you get get the sound but then obviously the picture is then off tune.
Ive tried the same on 625 operation and the sound is again off tune with the picture.
Is there an adjustment I could try ?
Old 14th Jun 2015, 2:57 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye 67/ Ekco T510 Dual standard TV sound Fault

If you show test card on 625 can you see the higher frequency gratings in the circle? If the IF or video bandwidth is restricted it would affect the sound. I am not sure where the 6 MHz take of point is that is why I listed both IF and Video.
The Aurora uses double sideband, are you tuning to the correct sideband?
I presume the Aurora is set up correctly?
Old 14th Jun 2015, 3:29 pm   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Do not attempt any adjustments to the sound IF and intercarrier transformers.
Assuming your set is a Group 67 model. Check the voltages around the transistors VT6 and VT7. Both are BF184 or BF194s. The supply voltages to these silicon transistors is "upside down". That is, the collectors of the transistor are near ground potential and the emitters are supplied from a negative LT supply. On 625 first IF transistor VT6 is biased in the normal manner, a potential divider across the LT supply. On 405 VT6 receives it's bias from the AGC line.
According to the service manual the voltages present at VT6 are: emitter -15.5, base -14.25. Collector 0V. Second IF transistor VT7: emitter -14.7, base -14. Collector -0.5V.

I hope these notes help.

DFWB.
Old 14th Jun 2015, 3:48 pm   #4
Nuvistor
Dekatron

I should have noted leave the IF cores alone, I was interested to see if the bandwidth was ok. I will be more clearer next time, or to be more correct I will try.
Frank
Closed Thread