UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2011, 12:14 pm   #1
David Lee
Retired Dormant Member

Default Replacement aerial Roberts R26-b

Hi
I hope you can help. My father in law who is 85 has pulled the aerial completely out of his R26-B. He loves the radio because the push bottons are large and chunky, unlike modern buttons, so I have to fix it. I purchased a new aerial assuming that it would come with instructions on how to fit it - how silly of me!

Could some one guide me through how to go about the replacement? I think you access from the battery panel but I can't seem to remove it.

Many thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 12:48 pm   #2
swordholder
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Replacement aerial Roberts R26-b

David,
Try here
http://www.spares2you.co.uk/Roberts_...Radio_Aerials/
Although not listed they may be able to help

Mike
Old 12th May 2011, 1:35 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Replacement aerial Roberts R26-b

Hi David,

The battery panel does come off, but they're often quite sticky. Take off the battery cover, undo the single screw (which you can see before the cover's removed) and pull the holder up away from the cabinet at the end where the screw was. Once it's tilted up at that end you can lift it free and there's a clear view of the screw holding the aerial in place.

Regards,
Paul
Closed Thread