UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2008, 3:39 pm   #1
PlatterMatter
Retired Dormant Member

Default Garrard RC70

Hi All,
while hunting around the "for sale" sites of vintage gear, I've come accross a brand new in the box, with all bits and pieces apparently accounted for, Garrard RC70.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, opinions etc on this player??

From what I've seen, there doesn't appear to be too much on the w dot about it - thus far anyway...

Cheers, Brad
Old 9th Jun 2008, 9:10 pm   #2
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Garrard RC70

If memory serves, the RC70 was the first Garrard changer to accomodate 45 & 78 RPM records.
I believe that it has the odd short-belt-driven speed change mechanism, and the usual early Garrard 'edge handling' autochange system, and manual size adjustment (by tilting the changer 'tower').
Interesting enough if you collect decks of this era, but certainly not the sort of thing you'd want to play your favourite records on!

If you're just casually interested in this sort of TT, PM me - I have an RC (75 0r 80 - can't remember) in restorable condition, which you can have gratis.
EDIT: Just noticed your location - offer stands, but shipping might be a bit hefty!
Old 9th Jun 2008, 9:26 pm   #3
Tom_I
Heptode

Default Re: Garrard RC70

Some information here. How's your Dutch?
Closed Thread