UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2014, 8:13 pm   #1
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Default Canadian Mullard valve.

I have found a Mullard ECC82 valve which has printed on it made in Canada.
I was unaware they were made there, this is the first one I have seen.
It has the yellow coloured print.
Old 30th May 2014, 11:44 am   #2
RF Burn
Hexode

Default Re: Canadian Mullard valve.

As a subsidiary of Philips since the mid 1920's, Mullard valves could have been made in any of the Philips factories throughout the world, they were also not averse to buying in third party products when necessary. Apparently Philips had a plant in Ontario, Canada, look for the factory code 'r' at the start of the second line of small black factory print near the base of the valve (usually called the factory "etch" code although it was never etched into the glass).

Adrian
Closed Thread