UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2014, 2:07 pm   #1
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Mazda 30FL2.

The Mazda 30FL2 was introduced as a replacement for the earlier 30FL1. I think the reason for this was that Thorn Valves and Tubes Ltd had stopped making TV valves and simply sourced the replacement from another valve maker. First it was Mullard and later on after Mullard had stopped making valves from just about any other manufacturer Thorn could find, from East Europe for example. The pro-electron number for the 30FL2 is the PCF812.
I was surprised to learn that Mazda actually made a 6.3 volt heater version of the 30FL2, the 6FL2. Possibly for export only as it is branded an Ediswan.
The 30FL1 is a triode-beam-tetrode. The 30FL2 is a triode-pentode and looks like a PCF80.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_6fl2.html

DFWB.
Old 22nd May 2014, 8:27 pm   #2
Focus Diode
Octode

Default Re: Mazda 30FL2.

Interesting info about an interesting valve, perhaps best known for their line oscillator function in BRC 1400 and 1500 sets. The 1400's is actually a 30FL1 yet the 30FL2 functions well in this posistion. I assumed the 30FL2 was an improved version of the 30FL1.

I also had no idea about the 6FL2 variation.

Cheers,
Brian
Closed Thread