UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2011, 8:26 pm   #1
Malcolm G6ANZ
Octode

Default Behringer mixer

Behringer (Xenyx) 1222fx mixer.
I’m not sure if this should be in ‘modern equipment’ or here. However….
I was given this mixer to fix after the right hand channel had stopped after some (quote) ‘mix up with cables’. Sure enough there was no output on one of the balanced pair on the right channel.
A look on the internet for a circuit yielded no results, a request on this forum and I had a circuit within the hour. Thanks Baz much appreciated.
The balanced output is from a pair of dual channel audio IC’s. Scoping them in turn, when I had found them on the pcb, showed that one of them was at –ve. As these are surface mounted devices I wanted to be certain that the IC was faulty before condemning it. To this end I removed to input and output coupling capacitors which were not surface mount. The output was still at –ve.
Ordered four pin compatible devices from CPC , the original not being available as SMD, and proceeded to change the faulty device. As I had been warned in the forum that the PCB track can lift easily, I cut the legs off the IC and removed each pin in turn. This way no track was overly heated. The marking for pin 1 on the new IC was almost invisible and could only be seen under a magnifying glass with lots of light casting a shadow. I convinced myself which one was pin 1 and held the IC in place and tacked a couple of pins down. I then soldered the pins down properly.
The capacitors I had removed were replaced and power re applied. Success, there was a signal on both of the balanced lines on the right channel.
This was one of the faults where a circuit is essential as it is impossible to trace the circuit from the PCB, so my grateful thanks to Baz for the circuit and to others who offered advice.
Sorry about the lack of photos
Malcolm
Old 26th May 2011, 9:37 pm   #2
gezza123
Heptode

Default Re: Behringer mixer

HI: Malcolm,it may be a bit simular to the one I have is a UB1832FX.
Yours has a usb ,mine don't but the inputs may be the same.PM.me Gezza.
Closed Thread