UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Nov 2007, 4:51 pm   #1
GJongbloed
Retired Dormant Member

Default Size/type of nuts and bolts in Bush DAC90

At the moment, I'm restoring a Bush DAC90. Meanwhile, the set is functioning OK. To finalize the project, I need some bolts. Firstly, two bolts to fix the chassis into the bakelite case, secondly four bolts to fix the backcover to the case. Of course, I do have the usual box of nuts and bolts, coming from old radio's, but nothing fits. As a "continental", all my nuts and bolts are obviously in millimeters (m3, m4 etc.), while the nuts and bolts used in de DAC90 are probably in (parts of) an inch. Could someone help me out with a descripting of the bolts needed in the mentioned spots? To fix the chassis into the casing, something with a diameter between 4 and 5 mm is needed (m4 is too small); to fix the backcover, something with a diameter between 3 and 4 mm is needed (m3 is too small).
Gerard Jongbloed, The Netherlands
Old 13th Nov 2007, 5:45 pm   #2
Colin
Heptode

Default Re: Size/type of nuts and bolts in Bush DAC90

Hi Gerard,

I think they are all BA type. Send me a PM with your postal address and I'll try to sort you some out.

rgds
Colin
Old 13th Nov 2007, 6:34 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

If it is between 3mm and 4mm it'll be 4BA (3.6mm). Other common sizes are 6BA which is 2.8mm and 2BA which is 4.7mm.

I found a good article here http://www.internationalcockpitclub....le_threads.htm

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 13th Nov 2007, 7:34 pm   #4
GJongbloed
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Hi Gerard,

I think they are all BA type. Send me a PM with your postal address and I'll try to sort you some out.

rgds
Colin
That would be great, but it would probably be easier if I try to locate some, here in Holland. The types 4BA and 2BA plus the article are already of enormous help.

Regards,
Gerard

Last edited by Station X; 13th Nov 2007 at 10:12 pm. Reason: Email address removed to comply with forum rules.
Old 13th Nov 2007, 10:11 pm   #5
Colin
Heptode

Gerard, I have your postal address and I'll send you some 4BA & 2BA bolts in the next day or two.

Rgds
Colin
Old 14th Nov 2007, 3:59 pm   #6
Colin
Heptode

In the post today (Wednesday) ...
Old 15th Nov 2007, 8:48 pm   #7
GJongbloed
Retired Dormant Member

Dear Colin,
Do greatly appreciate your effort, to provide me with some fitting "nuts and bolts". I don't see any possibility to send you a PM (button not activated?), so I don't know how to reach you personally, but I would like to send you - as a token of appreciation - the redrawn schematics of the Bush DAC 90 or the DAC 90A (redrawn by myself, so no copyright problems). But I need an e-mail address for that purpose... Maybe the moderator could intervene?
Regards, Gerard Jongbloed
Old 16th Nov 2007, 9:11 am   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

All PM settings look correct for both of you.

Paul Stenning
Old 16th Nov 2007, 10:57 am   #9
Colin
Heptode

Gerard, I believe you need to make a minimum number of posts on the forum before you become eligible to use the PM system. Not sure what that number is though. I'd like to see your redrawn schematics but there's no rush. If you can't use the PM system now (see Paul's comment above) then you soon will be able to and we can exchange email addresses then.

regards
Colin
Old 16th Nov 2007, 3:05 pm   #10
Paul Stenning
Administrator

He has reached the minimum post count number and is in the correct usergroup for sending and receiving PMs, which is why I said above that all settings were OK. If it was due to the post count limit I would have said so.

I'm closing this anyway as it has served its purpose.

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread