UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Mar 2017, 9:49 am   #21
GWR1971
Triode

Default Re: Advice on repairing a Ferguson 3245 open-reel machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiberon View Post
To get the belt onto to the motor drive shaft without removing the take-up reel table:

1. Do the flywheel part
2. Around the motor pulley
D'oh! Of course, you do that side first. I was doing the rewind side first.

I put my inability to see that down to an early morning and late night

Still, I needed to remove the takeup reel table anyway to change the friction disc and felt. So I don't feel too bad about it
Old 10th Mar 2017, 7:03 pm   #22
quiberon
Triode

Default Re: Advice on repairing a Ferguson 3245 open-reel machine

I've been looking at a circuit diagram of the 3245, regarding the din socket; as it is a monophonic unit, pins 1 & 4 are connected together and pins 3 & 5 are connected together. Makes perfect sense, because otherwise when recording from a stereo system you would only get the left channel on the tape, and on playback you only you would only feed a signal into the left channel of the amplifier.

Michael
Closed Thread