UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2019, 9:45 am   #1
nemo1956
Triode

Default Hmv 1115

I have one of these radios on my bench now.
The condition is not too bad on the outside and inside. The internal loop antenna has been damaged and has become separated from it’s frame. The tuning cord has broken so that needs to be replaced.
The loop antenna was still in one peace so just slowly glued it back together to it’s frame and seems to be ok now. After removing the chassis the speaker plus the big dropper resistor and turned it over it looks not bad in there too. But on farther investigation revealed that most of the wax capacitors are now very leaky and one has gone short circuit so they will be replaced. I also gave all the wiring a good look over as it seems to be rubber coatings on them and most are not good now again they will all need to be replaced.
Well that’s the story sofar.
Closed Thread