UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2015, 10:21 pm   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Question 'Radio Times'

I've just been reading the thread in the General Vintage Technolgy section about last night's 'Making of Dad's Army' programme, about which I was going to comment, then I noticed the thread had been closed by Brian R. Pateman because mention was made of ''Radio Times" magazine, yet I can see nothing in the forum rules which prohibits discussion of this publication or it's contents. Without wishing to stray into banned territory, can someone please explain the reason(s) why Radio Times mustn't be discussed?
Old 23rd Dec 2015, 10:50 pm   #2
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Default Re: 'Radio Times'

You should have noticed that the words Radio Times were in inverted commas, thus; "Radio Times".

This is the way that we moderators tend to refer to posts drawing attention to Television or Radio programmes of peripheral relevance to the main business of the forum.

They are not a banned subject but do tend to set us off on off-topic rambles.

If you'd like to discuss further then please feel free to drop me a PM.