UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Dec 2018, 7:59 pm   #1
Bigmike1958
Tetrode

Default Sony KV1320UB shadow on screen

Hi can anyone help me I’ve got a Sony kv1320 ub tv there’s a dark shadow on left size of screen about in wide run from top left of screen to bottom and a slightly narrower one on the right, picture ok and colour can anyone tell me if it’s tube fault or compositor
Old 13th Dec 2018, 12:22 pm   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony KV1320UB shadow on screen

I'm not sure what you mean by compositor. Suggesting a tube fault tells me you don't have too much experience with TV sets, so all cautions about high tension, high vacuum and lack of mains separation apply. The most likely culprit is the smoothing electrolytic for the supply to the cathode drivers.
Old 13th Dec 2018, 1:14 pm   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

Compositor is most likely an un-noticed autocorrect error. Capacitor probably was the intended word.
Old 13th Dec 2018, 2:00 pm   #4
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Are you able to post a good picture of the symptom?
Closed Thread