UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Dec 2015, 10:38 am   #1
brunel
Heptode

Default Mullard Magic is run by a long term collector of vintage electronics.

http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk/
Old 11th Dec 2015, 2:01 am   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Mullard Magic is run by a long term collector of vintage electronics.

I had hoped to find information on vintage Mullard electronics there but I only see a webshop for various brands of vintage electronics. Am I overlooking something?
Old 11th Dec 2015, 2:56 am   #3
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Mullard Magic is run by a long term collector of vintage electronics.

Its a new website !!! Perhaps its still under construction ??

Joe
Old 11th Dec 2015, 9:02 am   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

The Blog is quite amusing, and has snippets of Mullard history thrown in.

Whether it appeals or not, somebody's obviously put a lot of time and effort into that website.

N.
Old 11th Dec 2015, 10:05 am   #5
Cobaltblue

I don't think this is a new website, refreshed maybe but I am sure Mullard Magic has been around for a while and has been discussed on this forum before.

What I can say from personal experience is completing web sites is very time consuming when you have to earn a living and do family stuff as well

Great looking site.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 11th Dec 2015, 10:08 am   #6
trh01uk
Octode

I think its just another dealer's website. If you look at the home page, the first thing that catches your eye is "Do you have a collection to sell?" See image

That's not to say that the website doesn't provide some useful info, of course.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wanted.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	116767  
Old 11th Dec 2015, 10:26 am   #7
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

I think that's exactly what it is, and it's not pretending to be anything else. But it's nicely done and is a fun read in places.
Old 11th Dec 2015, 10:30 am   #8
David G4EBT
Dekatron

The site isn't new - it's been around for some years - I've had it bookmarked for quite some time. It's run by a husband and wife team of radio enthusiasts, (see 'About Us'), presumably as a side-line business as they don't seem to carry much stock. It doesn't seem to simply focus on Mullard, as the title implies. They have some nice original fabric covered PVC instrument wire from the 1950s, and the brief history of a range on manufacturers listed in the LH sidebar is quite interesting.

When searching for hard to get items, it's often little outfits like this that have just what we need tucked away somewhere.
Old 11th Dec 2015, 3:46 pm   #9
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Well, I've just placed an order (an electric slave clock) and was delighted to be able to pay by PayPal and to receive a very friendly e-mail from the chap in charge (as well as all the usual automated ones). I will report back when the item arrives, but a very promising start.

New (and not yet complete) site here, apparently optimised for mobile devices: www.mullard.org

Nick.
Closed Thread