UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jun 2021, 10:10 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Marconi TF2102 quick question!

Hi!

Just a quick one!

Does anybody know why the Marconi TF2102M1 & similar models were provided with no power suppy/mains on/off switch or an indicator lamp?

Hum level? Cost?

Or were they originally intended to be connected to a control panel that had these?

Also, were they an export–only model? The bookwork I found gives the mains lead coding as:–

L:– black, N:– blue, E:– green/yellow with earth marker sleeve.

Could I replace one of the two output Controls with one having a dp switch fitted without severely impairing the (quoted!) –80 dB hum and noise level?

I have one due with a recent purchase of two Levell TG200 non–workers!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 12th Jun 2021 at 10:40 am.
Old 12th Jun 2021, 11:45 am   #2
Dickie
Octode

Default Re: Marconi TF2102 quick question!

It's a bit of a mystery instrument. See this thread
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...00#post1154700

Might answer a few questions. I note you have the line/neutral colours transposed.

Richard, BVWS member
Old 12th Jun 2021, 1:26 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Marconi TF2102 quick question!

Hi!

I've read the thread Richard linked to, so I'll go along with the idea of adding a toggle–switch and indicator in the top right–hand corner underneath the "mi" logo!

Chris Williams