UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jul 2014, 2:19 pm   #1
threeseven
Octode

Default Book recommendation for novices in electronics

I often see requests here by beginners who ask where they can find information on electronics in an easily understood format.
Well obviously they can find it on the interweb but I personally find books better at conveying information, and of course they don't need power or an internet connection, also you can keep going over a section until it's understood.
So, with that in mind, I would heartily recommend 'Teach Yourself Electricity', in the Teach Yourself series.
Although the title is Electricity, all aspects are covered, like ohms law, resistance, capacitance, inductance etc. So there is a good grounding in what is needed to apply to radio etc.
Despite my training I have found it useful, for the novice it's excellent.
It can also be found very cheaply, less than the cost of a magazine
Old 12th Jul 2014, 3:24 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Book recommendation for novices in electronics

Yes, I can concur with that, just the right balance. Also goes into simple applications such as Batteries and Measuring Instruments.
Closed Thread