UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Mar 2008, 5:03 pm   #21
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Re: Early 1970's Radio Style - Any Left?

I have one similar to the one in Mark's picture, I'm almost certain that it carries the Binatone brand name though, and it came with a Bush VTR133 that I bought from a car boot sale last year.
The seller insisted that I take it, I really didn't mean to do so!

It works quite well but is in the roof space just now, among the "pending" pile.

I think it's by Binatone, but I remember the low-rent TV and radio shops of my childhood being full of similarly basic devices bearing a variety of brand names.
Old 10th Mar 2008, 6:45 pm   #22
paulsherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejectostat View Post
This ones a "Harvard Patrol".
Harvard was a semi-mainstream brand which was used on all sorts of low end stuff in the 70s - I think I had a Harvard car radio. Most of these Hong Kong radios were effectively unbranded and used a random English name (e.g. 'Windsor') or a vaguely Japanese sounding made up name (e.g. 'Taiyo').

Paul
Old 10th Mar 2008, 10:38 pm   #23
bell boy
Retired Dormant Member

When 'Shoportunities' used to market these in the sunday papers one of the usp's was the marketing of the volume that they had
"from a whisper to a roar"
I always remember that line
First time i bought one of these types of radio with the charging light ive got to say i was very unimpressed with the little circuit board and masses of empty space
Closed Thread