UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Mar 2017, 5:09 am   #1
Ti Pwun
Heptode

Default Selling a few items to help fund an important purchase

So as not to have people think I'm treating this forum like a classified ads site, I'm just announcing that I am currently changing focus slightly and have/will be posting a few 'for sale' ads in order to help make a very important purchase.

Having recently purchased an excellent 3D printer, which I'm using to create those irreplaceable Hacker radio parts we need for restoration work, but I want to take it a stage further and add a metalworking lathe to the mix.

This will enable me to produce knobs and push buttons, etc, that are equally difficult to obtain. As with the 3D printing, my aim is to provide these things at a very affordable price for everyone.

So please note that any ads I post are strictly to bridge the gap between the 90% of the lathe purchase price I already have and the remaining amount required. And a small amount for aluminium stock, tooling etc.

I know selling items here is a privilege and I know it is somewhat frowned upon if someone comes here and makes post after post of for sale ads. I won't do that. I just need to turn a few things I will no longer be using into cash.

I hope this is acceptable, given that the end result should be of benefit to everyone here, but if not then please let me know. I'm not out to try and make any kind of substantial profit from the needs of the radio restorer; just to be in a position to provide that service.

Jon.
Old 1st Mar 2017, 5:23 am   #2
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Re: Selling a few items to help fund an important purchase

I approve totally that you are making the items available to members rather than pitching them all on ebay.
Your plans for making new items available is laudable, thank you. The 3D printing is the way to go, 21st century meets the 19th!
Old 1st Mar 2017, 6:36 am   #3
Ti Pwun
Heptode

Default Re: Selling a few items to help fund an important purchase

Thank you Sam - I appreciate the support.

Yes, 3D printing opens a whole new set of doors. No longer is a 'scrapper' destined to be a 'for parts only' set.