UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Aug 2009, 9:41 am   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Question Correct tuning Scale for BUSH TR82CL?

I'm puzzled by the scale on a TR82CL. As most members will know this model has the so-called 'Luxembourg Band', yet the scale(which appears to be original)on one currently in my care only shows the standard MW & LW bands.
Is this correct? All other radios with this feature I recall had a seperate scale for the 'Bandspread' range.
Old 11th Aug 2009, 11:02 am   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Correct tunung Scale for BUSH TR82CL?

Yes that is correct, I have an 82CL in front of me now.

On these Luxembourg was a preset channel, tuned via a coil located roughly in the middle of the chassis, and thus was independent of the tuning dial. It wasn't Bandspread as such on these radios.

Luxembourg does appear on the tuning scale, near 1300m LW and near 200 - 250m MW, but this is only because a standard 82B/C scale was used. This has no conjunction at all with the '208' pushbutton.
Old 11th Aug 2009, 1:19 pm   #3
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Correct tuning Scale for BUSH TR82CL?

Maybe someone has fitted a different case at sometime...one from a version without the 'Luxembourg' pre-set?
Old 11th Aug 2009, 2:43 pm   #4
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Darren is correct. There is no 'Luxembourg Band' on these sets, they simply have a 208 preset button. The two Luxembourg models share the same case and dials as their respective non-Luxembourg set. So for the CL its the TR82C and for the DL its the TR82D. In fact the TR82B,C,D,CL,DL and MB60 valve version all use the same identical dial.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 11th Aug 2009, 8:06 pm   #5
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Darren & Robert-I now realise, after checking the set out that the '208' button, as you say, simply switches in a pre-set tuned to 1439kHz.
Closed Thread