UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jan 2018, 8:22 am   #1
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Induction hob interference?

I'm in the market for a new cooker hob. Despite having to replace a couple of pans for compatible types, an induction hob is a possibility.

Do these hobs have a tendency of generating interference on MW/LW? I don't want to discover I'm wiping out 198 kHz or Five Live while I'm cooking!

Thanks.

Ian
Old 31st Jan 2018, 8:40 am   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Induction hob interference?

My induction hob in the kitchen is only 3'and a studding wall away from the receiver, atu and open wire feeder of my radio shack. I can't say about 198kHz, but I've had no problems on HF from the hob. It's a Miele. Having lived with one for a few years, if anything went wrong, I'd get another induction hob. Faster responding than gas, cleaner, no smell.

David
Old 31st Jan 2018, 12:19 pm   #3
John M0GLN
Octode

Just done a test with a Sony SW7600 radio and our Logik induction hob, with the radio on 198kHz and about 12" from one of the 1800W zones on full power there was a loud humming noise, a bit like an orbital sander, however at about 6' there was no noticeable interference at all, the radio was just working off its own antenna, presumably a ferrite rod so it's not really surprising that it would pick up something at 12".

John
Old 31st Jan 2018, 12:28 pm   #4
Nymrod121
Nonode

I seem to recall that gezza123 has experience of induction hob technology (leastways, that's my recollection from when I met him a couple/three years ago). You could try dropping him a PM, Ian ... ??
Cheers
Guy
Closed Thread