UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2021, 9:36 pm   #21
JohnBG8JMB
Pentode

Default Re: Wartime Radio The Secret Listeners BBC (1979)

Further info from EAFA:
Dear John,

Thanks for you browser info. Our video player software unfortunately uses Flash for Internet Explorer (IEXP) and Firefox. For Chrome, Safari (MacOS) and Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) it plays via HTML5.

We stopped development of our website some time ago. We do however have an entirely new website in the works. We're currently upgrading a huge amount of technical infrastructure which should serve everyone (including yourself) well for the coming years.

Perhaps in this particular case you could install Chrome (or Chromium - supported by Google, but not actual Google!) browser and only use it for eafa.org.uk?

>>Regards
John
G8JMB
Old 13th Jan 2021, 12:01 am   #22
AdrianH
Octode

I have just had a play with Firefox at this end, after going into add-ons and plugins, I have disabled the shockwave-flash plugin by asking it to never activate, and now that website http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/5108 will show the video OK. Perhaps it is worth giving that a try.

I do get slightly paranoid with all the tracking that is done, I may even add a user agent switcher to suggest I use safari on a Mac!

Adrian
Old 13th Jan 2021, 12:42 am   #23
Radio Wrangler

I DO use safari on a mac, and get just as much tracking going on. There's no easy escape down that route.

I want a browser where *I* can override adverts on *MY* computer

Where I can whitelist some cookies and have a one-click 'dump all others' function.

David
Old 13th Jan 2021, 1:24 pm   #24
JohnBG8JMB
Pentode

Hi Adrian
<< have just had a play with Firefox at this end, after going into add-ons and plugins, I have disabled the shockwave-flash plugin by asking it to never activate, and now that website http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/5108 will show the video OK. Perhaps it is worth giving that a try>>
I did and it works-thankyou

John

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 13th Jan 2021 at 1:31 pm. Reason: tidy up
Old 13th Jan 2021, 1:48 pm   #25
AdrianH
Octode

John. Glad to hear that it works on on your PC.

Adrian
Old 18th Jan 2021, 7:59 am   #26
TechyNYC
Diode

Just watched it entirely. No problem watching on my computer. Fascinating documentary. Are there any more episodes like this? If so please publish the links.

Last edited by TechyNYC; 18th Jan 2021 at 8:01 am. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread