UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2019, 3:17 pm   #1
gordi247
Retired Dormant Member

Default National RS 776S capstan drive

I have just acquired a National RS 776S tape recorder in which the capstan belt appears to be either missing or loose. Can anyone here give me a clue how I get to this particular item in the machine.

Currently, I have access to everything from the top. There appears to be no access from the bottom of the case, to reach below the transport area.

Everything else appears to be good.

Now in the process of cleaning and lubricating the transport, etc.

I have a Service Manual which unfortunately, does not give any clues as to how to access the capstan drive belt

Thanks in advance

Gordi247
Old 21st May 2019, 4:06 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: National RS 776S capstan drive

In the manufactures manual I'm looking at, disassembly instructions are given and shown in section N31-1 of the service manual.

Make sure it's unplugged from the mains supply first.

Lawrence.
Old 22nd May 2019, 2:26 am   #3
gordi247
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: National RS 776S capstan drive

Thank you Lawrence...Must admit, I didn't look very well at that particular part
Closed Thread