UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2008, 11:17 pm   #1
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Dynatron Nomad TP11.

I've started converting this wreck back into a working radio .

Ref the pics, someone's added a strap made from a white bootlace to the rear door. Anyone know if a strap was there originally and if so what did it look like?

The other pic shows the carrying strap. This is a different colour to the cabinet finish so presumably is not original?

TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN17451.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	17687   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1746.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	17688  
Old 5th Jun 2008, 11:50 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron Nomad TP11.

I'd be fairly confident the rear door strap is original: here's one of mine. As for the carrying strap, I'd imagine you're right about yours being a replacement, but Nomads with original handles surviving in any condition at all are unusual - except blue ones, which seem of stronger construction - so I can't advise there: the strap on my set in the photo is solid brown leather and definitely not original.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_06050038A.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	17689  
Old 6th Jun 2008, 12:02 am   #3
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Paul. Yes, the carrying strap on mine is a blue/grey colour so it's no doubt replaced the original.

I'm a bit gobsmacked over the possibility of the rear door thingy being original.....it just looks so crude to me.
Old 6th Jun 2008, 12:06 am   #4
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Well, unlike the carrying straps, it seems to stay put and do its job I just checked the slightly later Nomad DeLuxe (much the same set but with tuning meter and dial lamp) and it uses exactly the same arrangement.

Paul
Old 6th Jun 2008, 12:14 am   #5
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

That confirms it then, the white 'bootlace' is original. I almost ripped it out before deciding to ask on here first .
Closed Thread