UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2018, 9:13 am   #21
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Circuit Symbols For Diagrams

Hi Chris
A good idea but I think the file type you have chosen to save them in is not very useful.
I get the following when I open them
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	169637

Why not use a more compatible vector file, something like Windows Meta File or WMF.

Mike

Last edited by crackle; 21st Sep 2018 at 9:20 am.
Old 21st Sep 2018, 9:40 am   #22
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

That overwritten text is being generated on your own computer at a guess, I don't see it on mine.
Old 21st Sep 2018, 5:11 pm   #23
crackle
Rest in Peace

Maybe, I opened the svg file in Irfanview, it was all I had to view or use the file, other than firefox but that is not very useful, you cant use the images in firefox.

Mike
Sorry correction, the SVG file format seems to be registered to open in Internet Explorer.
Old 21st Sep 2018, 11:41 pm   #24
julie_m
Dekatron

You should be able to open the .svg files in GIMP, a Free and Open Source graphics editor which can then be used for drawing circuits. It's not easy to use at first, but worth persevering until you get the hang of it. There are plenty of tutorials online; so just keep trying until you find one that suits your learning style, then work through it.
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 3:08 am   #25
evingar
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_VK5TM View Post
Try this one, I re-zipped using the Win 10 utility

The original wouldn't open for me, this one is fine (Mint Linux, Archive manager)