UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 16th Apr 2022, 4:47 pm   #1
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Variac roller contact carbon brush

Since my request on where to obtain a roller carbon brush, Iv'e now got the part for my variac. I did an online image search and found that my un-named variac matched the RS-Pro range 0.7A model. It took a phone call to RS re finding the spare part and this is the method used to order it. First add the matching variac to the shopping basket, then go to basket and under the variac there is an accessories button. Click on the button and a screen appears showing spare parts one of which is the roller carbon brush. Add the carbon brush to the shopping basket and go back to the basket. Next remove the variac from the basket (unless you really want a new one), then go to checkout and pay.

The RS stock code for the 0.7A roller carbon brush is 8902888 and at time of this thread is £2.23 ea, as it was a small order I purchased 2 at total cost of £11.29. This included the small order charge and VAT. I'm very happy with this as RS have a new variac of this type listed at over £134.

Hope this helps others in the same situation.

Dave