UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Aug 2017, 9:38 pm   #1
Paulus.d
Hexode

Default Korg M1 synth

I recently acquired one of these.... it has cosmetic and hardware problems that occur with age ...as a refurb project i'm quite pleased with it.
It had a new battery replaced but they couldn't replace the factory sounds so ditched it ....I did that and got it playing except for only one out socket - other was dead..
I stripped it ready for work and just simply read the volts coming out the PSU ..these read 6.83v instead of 5 and just over 16v iinstead of 12.....these are off load ....... are these correct or is recapping gonna be necessary

Paul
Old 27th Aug 2017, 10:39 pm   #2
nigelr2000
Heptode

Default Re: Korg M1 synth

That's pretty close off load try reading in on load as it will be more accurate. VR1 in the PSU sets the 5 volt line so if that's right the 12 volt lines will be too. Set it with a load on though.
Old 28th Aug 2017, 5:36 pm   #3
Paulus.d
Hexode

Measured on load the PSU read almost exactly dead accurate!, so today connected all the PCB's up while it was on my desk....the resolder of dry joints had made no difference, however there is a burned out resistor and a rather bad looking cap on the DAC board ...
Paul
Old 29th Aug 2017, 7:29 pm   #4
dglcomp
Heptode

if you didn't have it already here is a link to the service manual if it helps,

http://www.manuals.fdiskc.com/flat/K...e%20Manual.pdf
Closed Thread