UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2016, 9:51 am   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default JAB Electronics ('Jabdog') still in business?

Many forum members will be familiar with JAB Electronic Components, AKA 'Jabdog' run by Peter Thomas, G7JAB, and Christine. G0DOG. He's a really nice guy and very obliging. He was a regular at amateur radio rallies and advertised in G-QRP 'SPRAT' magazine for many years, though his last advert appeared in Winter 2014 SPRAT, (at which time his ad' stated that he had in excess of 11,000 product lines stocked). I notice too, that his website hasn't been updated since 2014. (It carries a list of rallies he planned to attend, but that's also dated 2014). I see from the website that he's relocated premises at some time, so maybe he's been pre-occupied with the move?

I don't need anything myself, but some time ago Peter still had a few sets of TOKO coils for the Radio Bygones Wobbulator and I've pointed a forum member towards Peter to see if he still has stocks.

Anyone got any up to date information about JAB please?

Just curious really.
Old 19th Feb 2016, 10:29 am   #2
Goldie99
Heptode

Default Re: JAB Electronics ('Jabdog') still in business?

Hi - they still seems to be around, and active on eBay very recently - current contact details (which I assume are up to date ?) are shown there as:

Peter Thomas
JAB Electronic Components
76 Wensleydale Road
Birmingham
West Midlands
B42 1PL

jabdog@blueyonder.co.uk

Rgds
Alan
Old 19th Feb 2016, 3:11 pm   #3
m0cemdave
Octode

Still going strong - I bought an item from them a week or two ago. Like many similar companies they are now using a standard ebay shop front for online sales.
Old 19th Feb 2016, 7:02 pm   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Thanks for your responses Alan and Dave.

Ah, that explains things - moving with the times I guess, which perhaps explains that his website hasn't been updated and he's stopped advertising in SPRAT.

I've just had a good browse in his e-bay shop and see that he's done 41,000 trades already.

Less hassle for Peter, and a much wider audience/customer base than a few hundred QRPers or giving up Sundays to travel and pay for a stand at a diminishing number of radio rallies. I used to have an outdoor pitch most years at Elvaston Castle Rally before it bit the dust years ago and recall that at the end of the last one I attended, Peter and Christine were packing stuff in the van, and a sneak thief had stolen all their takings for the day. Doesn't happen with paypal!

Glad to see that he and Christine are still very much in business.
Closed Thread