UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 21st May 2019, 3:03 pm   #1
Tonyohall
Diode

Default Eddystone 730/4 Crystal Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

My receiver has a loose plunger on the front panel that is not connected to the micro switch inside. Can anyone show me a photo of what the connection should so I can recreate it. The crystal calibrator works fine when I manually push the micro switch plunger.
Tonyohall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:30 pm   #2
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default Re: Eddystone 730/4 Crystall Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

'Fraid I don't have a set to photograph but I've repaired plenty of them. There isn't normally a microswitch behind the button. The button is a round Painton switch I believe about two inches long with four leads going to it.

Looking in my military parts manual it says it's a single pole 2 way switch Nato number Z1/5930-99-940-3406. You might find that vmars manuals have a copy of the military illustrated parts list which is what I have in front of me, unfortunately with no photo of the switch.

It's possible that someone modified it if the switch failed by fitting a m/s which has lost its strip actuator. If you can send a well illuminated and clear photo of what is there I'll have a look to see if I have a suitable m/s complete with actuator.

Prior to 1993 I fitted a m/s to a 730/4. What chance is there that it could be the same set. I think I even repainted the case and front panel with silver metallic instead of wrinkle. I think I sold it at the NEC NVCF around 1993 so plenty of time to forget the details.

Hope this helps

Jim
G4XWDJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 5:07 pm   #3
Tonyohall
Diode

Default Re: Eddystone 730/4 Crystall Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

Sorry but I may have mislead you buy calling it a micro switch. Th switch sounds very much like the one you described. I have attached a photo showing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020826.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	183639  
Tonyohall is offline   Reply With Quote