UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2019, 10:27 am   #1
Peter.G0DRT
Pentode

Default Russian R-311 Radio.

I am looking for a manual for this radio.I have looked in the usual places but I can only find the Russian version.I was wondering if anyone knows of an English version?
Regards.
Peter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1412.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	190619  
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 12:05 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Russian R-311 Radio.

Hi Peter,

I think you will be very lucky if you find any English versions - AFAIK, the manuals are only available in Russian, Czech, Polish, and possibly German.
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 4:15 pm   #3
Peter.G0DRT
Pentode

Hello Sean.
I think you're right,I am probably clutching at straws.I guess I'm forever the optimist.Maybe I should learn Russian.
Regards.
Peter.
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 5:14 pm   #4
ionburn
Heptode

This is not quite what you are looking for, but something I found a while back. There is a link so if you are not aware, it could give you a lead or two:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf r311_009.pdf (389.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 5:22 pm   #5
ionburn
Heptode

Looking further, I only otherwise only have the Russian manual. Possibly try a military radio group? Another two thoughts that occure - 1: Did the Russians ever equip a nation that spoke a language you know. 2: A bit of a longshot but I know there is other technical literature / translations available, but did the US ever translate the manual for their use? I find it surprising what is actually available via the US at times.
Old 24th Sep 2019, 9:38 am   #6
Peter.G0DRT
Pentode

Hello ionburn.
I found that link while searching Google.I am a member of VMARS and the Wireless Set 19 Groups but nobody could help.I have come to the conclusion an English version is not available.So,this thread can be closed.

Thanks.
Peter.
Closed Thread