UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jan 2018, 11:15 am   #21
peter_sol
Octode

Default Re: Vortexion bias and erase oscillator

An ECC81 has a higher Anode current and may be better
Old 29th Jan 2018, 7:40 pm   #22
BillDWVA
Pentode

Default Re: Vortexion bias and erase oscillator

A quick update on this WVB. A replacement 12BH7 valve arrived today and the oscillator is now running nicely with fully adjustable bias.
I’ve cleaned up the paintwork with car body rubbing compound and wax and one final job was to make some new pressure pads which were ‘croutons’ of piano-tuners’ felt glued to the mu-metal wings of the pressure arms. I don’t know how long they’ll last especially as I am guilty of using back-coated tape on my machines...

Thank you for all the helpful advice and contributions. However this is probably not the last Vortexion i’ll be working on as I have enough ‘parts’ under my bench to build another WVA and a WVB

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1572AE43-ED2A-4B32-BD13-FDE66CE65C8D.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	156391   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F4911EB-8D69-4757-95C2-6025F7FD7610.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	156392  
Closed Thread