UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2019, 2:48 pm   #1
vampyretim
Heptode

Default US1035 diode replacement

Hi all,

I'm trying to repair a Pioneer SA-940 which has been cooking up its output stage. I noticed that the output stage was oscillating which was due to bad solder joins, it also had a shorted transistor which I have replaced but there's also a diode US1035 needs replacing. I can't find one online anywhere and saw that an NTE519 was recommended as a replacement so I installed one but the thing still doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for a US1035?

Many thanks.
Old 4th Jul 2019, 11:53 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: US1035 diode replacement

No, but to a large extent a diode is a diode, though in this case a fast one.

I suspect your problem may lie elsewhere (unless you've managed to install it backwards....?).
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread