UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2007, 4:53 pm   #1
Ian B
Hexode

Default Lotus 2 valve mains set

Could anyone help me please with information on a Lotus AC 2 All Electric Receiver? Circuit diagram would be most useful, also pictures of the "works".
I assume the valves would have been a triode detector + pentode AF, and a metal rectifier used with a voltage doubler circuit.
I bought this pretty thing at a "collector's auction" a few months ago and was fooled by the nicely restored cabinet. I couldn't get the back off in the saleroom, and I was more than a little miffed when I got it home to find that inside was the chassis from a 50's superhet (ECH 42, EF41, EBC41, EL41, & EZ40) horribly bodged in place! All I have of the original is the chassis (with several extra holes) and the on/off switch!
I suppose I could try to fit the modern bits properly into the original chassis, but that goes against the grain.

Thanks

Ian Blackbourn
Old 26th Sep 2007, 5:33 pm   #2
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Lotus 2 valve mains set

I have a spare complete chassis for a Lotus AC 3 valve radio. The cabinet was little more than wormholes and was discarded. If this of interest I could bring it to Harpenden and sort out a price.
Old 26th Sep 2007, 10:48 pm   #3
JHGibson
Retired Dormant Member

I have the owner's manual with the circuit diagram for the Lotus All Electric Bandpass 3. Also some photos I took after the Lotus restoration. Let me know if you need any of this.
John.
Old 27th Sep 2007, 7:57 am   #4
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHGibson View Post
I have the owner's manual with the circuit diagram for the Lotus All Electric Bandpass 3. Also some photos I took after the Lotus restoration. Let me know if you need any of this.
John.
John

If you're scanning the manual for the Lotus I would also appreciate a copy. I have a complete set as well as the spare chassis that's going to Ian B.

Thanks

Jeffrey
Old 27th Sep 2007, 6:06 pm   #5
Ian B
Hexode

John,

That would be most helpful. I'll send you my email address via pm.

Many thanks,

Ian
Old 28th Sep 2007, 8:49 pm   #6
PWH
Heptode

Hi Ian,

If its the 2 valve its a Lotus 'Bud' I posted the diagram here somewhere do a search and you should find it

Be carful when disassembling as you can wreck the tuning cap

Regards
Peter
Old 29th Sep 2007, 9:17 am   #7
Ian B
Hexode

Hi Peter,

Found it! Thanks for that.

There's no chance of me damaging the tuning condenser - it's missing!

I feel another trip to Gerry coming on......

See you,

Ian
Old 30th Sep 2007, 5:59 pm   #8
PWH
Heptode

I think you would be better off making it into a bandpass 3 from the chassis offered above. the cabinet is identical.

Send me a PM with a real e-mail address and I'll send all the details. At over 2meg its too big to post here.

See you at Gerrys??
Closed Thread