UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2014, 1:03 pm   #1
retroteck
Tetrode

Default KB VC 2 Chassis

Hi All
I have just acquired a KB XV60 which has a strange sticker on the chassis saying VC5 next to the model number but I'm sure this is a VC2!
It's working reasonably well "straight out of the box" apart from tetchy line synch, reduced height and a low contrast picture.
As this is the first time I have seen this chassis I am interested to know what its stock faults are.
Thanks in advance guys.

Rod
Old 11th Jul 2014, 3:39 pm   #2
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Re: KB VC 2 Chassis

I'm too sure about the XV60. It was made at the time STC were changing over from the VC1 to the VC2. It's easy to identify the chassis. The VC1 has has separate line hold controls for 405 and 625. ECC81 line oscillator valve.Single contrast contrast control.
The VC2 has a single line hold control and uses a PCF802 as the line oscillator. Separate contrast controls for 405 and 625.
All versions from VC1 to VC51/2 are excellent.

DFWB.
Old 11th Jul 2014, 4:03 pm   #3
retroteck
Tetrode

Thanks for the info which was helpful.
The set has two contrast controls and a PCF802 line oscillator which
confirms it then as a VC2.
Have found the circuit details in the STC section of the Vintage TV Service
Data disk. I should be o.k now.

Thanks

Rod
Old 13th Jul 2014, 2:26 pm   #4
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

Great sets these one of the best dual standard sets made. Faults were generally straight forward to clear especially if you have the circuit diagram available. I spent many happy hours working on these and there were so many around. Enjoy.
Closed Thread