UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 7th Jun 2020, 8:38 pm   #1
frankmcvey
Heptode

Default Marconi VTVM TF1041C

Marconi VTVM in quite good cosmetic condition with its original probes. I bought it about 5 years, but never used it in anger. It has lived for most of that time in a seldom-opened (indeed, seldom-accessible!) cupboard and has come to the light of day during an overdue clear-out.

I gently wakened it up on the variac and it responds quite nicely when measuring various batteries and the AC output of the variac. However, when going through the initial setting-up procedure, the various zeroing controls work, but can't quite reach zero. I think that this is due to component drift over the years, and it probably needs the internal presets adjusting to correct this. Alternatively, it might be because the mains transformer tap is set to 250V, a bit too high for the mains in our area.

Looking for 60; the buyer can collect from LE15 7DS or I can post/courier at cost.

Cheers,

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	207969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3260.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	207970   Click image for larger version