UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2017, 8:56 am   #21
Wishiknewmore
Hexode

Default Re: Problem identifying Sonolor radio

Ed
Thank you for that - if I go that route what wattage would the resistors need to be?
part of my problem is I do not know the circuit exactly, Herald 1360 found me the one below
http://85.144.220.212/nvhr/CristalGrandin_634.pdf

I have found a couple of others based on the same valve line up (see attached)

My list of capacitors based on observation is attached to post 13

One of the circuits shows the smoothers rated at 350v but its only a similar circuit not the actual one..

I do have a lamp limiter set up, but as yet not tried to power this set, perhaps overly cautious but I was going to replace the main smoothers and what I believe to be the audio coupler
But every time I sit down to source some replacement caps I either cannot find the exact (ish) ones and/or I get to a list that needs a small mortgage!
(and they may not be right)

Nuvistor has already helped me by suggesting what should likely be replaced and I have got the Y type as suggested by Herald1360

Perhaps I should get brave and power it up via the lamp limiter!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted

Philip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rainbow 631 schema.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	140266   Click image for larger version

Name:	schema famial Radio rainbow 631.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	140267