UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2010, 10:38 pm   #1
cougar_lou
Tetrode

Default AR88 manual.

Greetings to all.
There is a manual for the AR88 (note,this is for the original AR88 with the S meter as standard) and not for the later AR88D.BAMA has the manual however it is a very poor copy with details difficult to resolve.Would anyone have a good PDF scan of the AR88 manual that they could email to me?

Brian G.
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 1:33 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: AR88 manual.

I am not clear whether you want the manual for the original AR88 or the AR88D. I have an RCA manual described as AR88, which shows an S meter. It is undated. So I assume it is not for AR88D. I have another extract from Practical Wireless 1987 entitled AR88D, with circuit diagram etc for which the circuit appears identical to the RCA manual. What are the differences, and would this information be helpful? Bill.
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 4:22 pm   #3
Mikebay
Rest in Peace

Brian,
I have a pdf copy of the AR88, which is what I think you are after.
PM sent to you.
Mike M0XGG
Old 24th Feb 2010, 11:28 am   #4
cougar_lou
Tetrode

Bill wrote:-
I am not clear whether you want the manual for the original AR88 or the AR88D. I have an RCA manual described as AR88, which shows an S meter. It is undated. So I assume it is not for AR88D.

***** Hello Bill,thanks for the reply.You are correct,the 88 did have a meter,the 88D did not.

I have another extract from Practical Wireless 1987 entitled AR88D, with circuit diagram etc for which the circuit appears identical to the RCA manual. What are the differences, and would this information be helpful?

**** The differences are around the output transformer and the ability to drive low or high impedance headphones and an unbalanced 600 Ohm or balanced 600 Ohm output.There are other minor details relating to slightly different values of small capacitors etc.

Mike,M0XGG has sent me his pdf of the 88 so I wont need yours,thanks for the thought.

Brian G.
Closed Thread