UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 11th Oct 2017, 10:18 pm   #1
James Duncan
Pentode

Default 572B valves wanted.

Hi
I am looking for a good pair of 572Bs to use in a linear amplifier.
MM0HDW
James Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2017, 2:17 am   #2
Pamphonica
Octode

Default Re: 572B valves wanted.

Hi James,
You and a lot of others, unfortunately. For use in not only the KW1000/600 linear, but also Ameritron and others.
I am about to try some Shuguang ones. These are meant to work but there are dire warnings about needing to burn them in first with red anodes for some hours to avoid sparks later!
If anyone has any original American Cetron 572Bs in good condition those are meant to be excellent.

Pamphonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2017, 2:46 pm   #3
astral highway
Octode

Default Re: 572B valves wanted.

Excellent valve , I had a matched pair of the Svetlana ones. Outstanding

The Svetlana NOS ones are now ludicrously expensive . How about 4CX250BM?; still cheap as chips? Matched pair third of the price of one possibly non-Svetlana 572.