UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jul 2004, 11:56 am   #1
ekco1953
Retired Dormant Member

Default Northwest England boot sales etc.

Can anyone recommend possible radio related local events, eg auctions, bootsales, places of interest (radio related) etc. (Say about 30 miles).

Many thanks
Jim
Old 8th Jul 2004, 2:59 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Southport - Chester

Hi Jim,

First place which comes to mind is Steve Harris's premises at Hawarden Bridge, 'On the air' or whatever it's called, but you won't find any cheap bargains there !

If you can reach to Preston, there's a flea market kinda thing on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the main undercover market place. This is often, but not always, a good source of radios, record players and tape recorders.

At St Michaels, just north of Preston, there's a good boot sale on Sundays, plus two more a few minutes away at Shard Bridge.

Back to the Southport area, there was a good boot sale at Banks, just off the Southport to Preston road. I do not, however, know if this one is running this year and you'd need to check locally.

A bit patchy, but hope that helps. Good hunting !

Last edited by Darren-UK; 26th May 2007 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Outdated info removed.
Old 8th Jul 2004, 3:12 pm   #3
Tim
Dekatron

Hi Jim
I can recommend the car Banks boot sale near Southport.
It is quite a big one and I have had several radios from there when we have been visiting the inlaws.

Tim

Last edited by Jeremy M0RVB; 26th Dec 2004 at 8:18 pm.
Old 8th Jul 2004, 4:52 pm   #4
mikelect
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Jim there is a big Bootsale at Chirk on Sundays 8)about 20 miles from chester south on the A483 - A5 it's well sign posted there is sometimes vintage radio stuff prices tend to be mixed but I've also found the odd transformer and bits

Mike

Last edited by Jeremy M0RVB; 26th Dec 2004 at 8:18 pm.
Old 8th Jul 2004, 9:11 pm   #5
Tim
Dekatron

Hi Jim
the Banks car boot is on Sundays.
There is also a GIGANTIC boot sale at nearby Birscough
( Ormskirk to Southport rd.)
Usually well signposted. I have seen a few interesting items here too.
Happy hunting!!!
Tim