UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jun 2018, 10:35 am   #1
AndyMor
Triode

Default Mystery battery valve set, Pewsey Auction Wednesday

FYI if anyone is interested, estimate £10, sale is Wednesday - lot 242. Auction is in Pewsey, Wiltshire and they take telephone bids

I have no idea about the identity, but it's a battery valve mw/lw set and looks like it is designed to hang on a wall. The front lid has a lock and contains a frame aerial, but no maker's name or model number visible.

https://jubileeauctions.com/
01672 562012

Best regards, Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pewseyauction-1.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	164750   Click image for larger version

Name:	pewseyauction-2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	164751  
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 9:05 pm   #2
coil1234
Pentode

Default Re: Mystery battery valve set, Pewsey Auction Wednesday

Looks like another Captain O.M.Watts set. There has been another recent thread on these, which I don't know how to link to!

On reflection, possibly the same set up for auction.

Regards
Mike A

Last edited by coil1234; 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:15 pm. Reason: remembering
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 10:45 pm   #3
Techman
Dekatron

Just found that recent thread and although it's the same model of radio and seems to be in the same area, it's not actually the same set (scratches in different places) and the date of the sale was earlier as far as I can tell - certainly a coincidence. I wonder how the chap with the set from the charity shop with the thread mentioned is getting on - let's hope he hasn't blown all the 2 volt filaments of those valves with wrong connections and wrong power supplies!
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 11:15 pm   #4
ukcol
Rest in Peace

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=148037
Closed Thread