UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Nov 2012, 10:08 pm   #41
line sync
Heptode

Default Re: Hoover Constellation. Hoover 375

After seeing all these Constellations I thought I'd post a picture of mine and ask a question or two.

My Constellation was rescued from a tip a long time ago, was in very good condition and worked. It came with some attachments and I've found all the missing ones since. I have recently renovated the machine and it cleaned up really well. It glides along and is used often.

The model number is 867A; is this an early seventies machine? It's fitted with a rocker type mains switch as standard. The colour is a sort of mustard yellow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP04634.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	72426  
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:56 am   #42
Stubble
Pentode

I think that is the last of the manufacturing run here in the UK so it’s around the 80’s with the white rocker switch, the 70’s yellow model had the familiar red toggle switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1039.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	72462  
Old 7th Nov 2012, 11:20 am   #43
G8VAT Wolfman
Retired Dormant Member

Guys, your sparkling machines put my old workhorse to shame.

But you just knew I had that top plate upside down; it's now rebuilt the right way up and working, but I have to say it still doesn't sound quite right and there are a few more sparks around the commutator than I would like. It does stick to the bench like that stuff to a blanket though.

I did give a clean with scotchbrite until it looked clean and sound, then I degreased it before the rebuild, so I think I might go for new brushes anyway although there is a good half inch (remember them) left on these.
Old 8th Nov 2012, 11:50 am   #44
D.Finney
Pentode

The upright Junior looks very similar to my Nan's, she died in 1970 and it was pretty ancient then but still going strong.
Closed Thread