UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Oct 2019, 2:22 pm   #1
dazzlevision
Nonode

Default JVC model CA-E33LBK "midi" sized audio unit

I have a JVC model CA-E33LBK audio unit that is surplus to my requirements for audio equipment. It’s a good quality Midi sized system in a black finish, circa 1990, with twin cassette (with rotating heads), single CD, LW/MW/VHF synthesised tuner and graphic equaliser. It also has inputs for phono and auxiliary sources.

It comes with a JVC RM-SE33U remote control (which has no infrared output).

Cosmetically, it’s in good condition (I’ve also dusted out the internals and there are no signs of any repair work) and it all seems to work (but the LH channel has a noticeably lower output and less treble - on all signal sources).

It’s designed for use with AL-E21BK or AL-E31BK vinyl turntable (so there is a 12Vdc output socket to power it), but I don’t have this.

It was made in Malaysia and uses an STK4141V hybrid IC for the power output stages, with dc coupling to the speakers.

I don’t have the speakers (JVC SP-E31?) it would have originally come with, or the user instructions manual (but a pdf of the JVC service manual, which includes the operating instructions, is available online at: https://elektrotanya.com/jvc_ca-e33b.../download.html).

If anyone can make use of it, please post here and send me a PM. Offered at £5. The only proviso being that it must be collected within 14 days of being claimed. I am located about six miles north of Swindon, Wiltshire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC model CA-E33LBK front view.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	191892   Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC RM-SE33U remote gun.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	191893   Click image for larger version

Name:	VC model CA-E33LBK side angle view of top displays.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	191894   Click image for larger version

Name:	VC model CA-E33LBK view of cassette deck heads etc.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	191895  
Old 16th Oct 2019, 9:54 am   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: JVC model CA-E33LBK "midi" sized audio unit

For a midi system, that cassette mech looks extremely well made, with an abundance of metal! I have a virtually identical Sony system in the workshop, useful as it also has auto reverse on both wells and relay play, enabling you to have continuous background music off tapes.

Hope someone gives it a home.
Old 16th Oct 2019, 10:37 am   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Diecast metal at that!
Old 16th Oct 2019, 1:15 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
For a midi system, that cassette mech looks extremely well made, with an abundance of metal! I have a virtually identical Sony system in the workshop, useful as it also has auto reverse on both wells and relay play, enabling you to have continuous background music off tapes.

Hope someone gives it a home.
Yes, it is a well built system, as you might expect from JVC in its heyday.

If no-one takes the complete unit, I'll probably save the cassette decks and the CD laser unit, but the rest will have to go into the recycling skip.
Old 17th Oct 2019, 7:56 am   #5
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

If all else fails try popping it on ebay collection only. At £5 it should get snapped up.

Andy.
Old 19th Oct 2019, 8:16 am   #6
dazzlevision
Nonode

I’ll keep this offer open until the end of this weekend (19/20th October), after which I intend to retain the parts I might use. The “carcass” will then go into my local WEEE skip.
Old 21st Oct 2019, 6:59 am   #7
dazzlevision
Nonode

Hello Mods,

As no takers for this item, please close this thread.

Thanks
Closed Thread