UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jun 2006, 5:00 pm   #1
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Exclamation Sony TV9-306ub frame slip

Hi all

A little help sought. I bought a little Sony 405/625 Tv9-306 UB at Harpenden, Trader sheet 1803.
On trying it I find it has frame slip !!
Frame is only running at 50%; can't get frame lock, as I have two complete pics on the screen with a black band in the middle, and this then has a bright band in the middle which looks like a scope trace.
As I know next to nothing about transistor sets I wonder if anyone has any ideas?
I would add that I have not yet looked inside,
many thanks
Den
Old 8th Jun 2006, 5:57 pm   #2
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sony TV9-306ub frame slip

Just to add that it will lock on the two pics for a few mins and then starts running again, the sync is ok.

den
Old 8th Jun 2006, 10:25 pm   #3
Steve_P
Dekatron

Oh God, another one of these. People seem to love them or hate them, and I'm in the second category. Oh well....

The transistor on the Vertical Osc is probably OK. It's VTR102. The Vertical Hold control is VR5, and it has two resistors, one on each side. R702 is between the control and Earth and it should be 6.8k. The other one is between the other pin of the control and +Vs. This should be 2.7k.

The Vs should be OK.

There's also a Capacitor across the Wiper of the Control and Vs.

Your problem should be here.

Good Luck. You'll need it to get the thing apart!!!

Steve P
Old 9th Jun 2006, 8:09 am   #4
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Steve
Many thanks for your explicit information on the fault.
Yes, I am not looking forward to taking it apart, but needs must.
I must admit I rather like these little Sonys, I have the 9-990 as well and a Perdio Portarama. These are my only B/W trani sets

Many thanks for your help
Den
Closed Thread