UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jun 2018, 9:44 pm   #1
A1RXADC
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig RRxxx Series Radio Cassette

Hi,
I have slowly been collecting Grundig early 80's equipment. Started with a Minerva 800 (Grundig 820) and more recently RR series radio cassette machines. I now have a 120, 450 and 720. All in good cosmetic condition, working radios but require new belts. The 120 also has crumbling orange gear syndrome.

I see there is possibly an option to use an external source concluded to be via the 8 pin DIN and pressing the FM and LW together in radio mode. Can anybody confirm this? and if so, what is the pinout. An external bluetooth adaptor might be a nice option for the stereo models.

Is anybody else collecting these models?
Old 20th Jun 2018, 10:50 pm   #2
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: Grundig RRxxx Series Radio Cassette

Welcome to the forum.
I also collect Grundig kit. I think that their equipment made in the 70s not only worked well but looked and felt excellent too! I fear that I have a few items that have the bad gears as well.
Some models have a dedicated button to select external input, others as you say need a combination. Most models have just a standard 5 pin DIN socket that follows the usual practice. Any 8 pin sockets will still require a standard 180 degree 5 pin plug for in/out connection. The extra pins are often for none user test functions. I don’t think Grundig used them for external power connections.
Peter
Closed Thread