UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jan 2012, 6:52 pm   #1
adrian41uk
Retired Dormant Member

Default BT Ultimate 106 PABX

Hi,

Does anybody have a PCB schematic for this baby PABX? I've got one that seems to have problems generating a ringing voltage. Inspection of the PCB reveals a few caps that are bulging and a couple of resistors that are cooked so that I can't read the colour code.

I've defaulted it but still no joy, everything else works fine.

(It was installed, working fine for 5 years before it stopped ringing the extensions, both for internal and external calls)

Thanks

Adrian
Old 18th Jan 2012, 7:02 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: BT Ultimate 106 PABX

Hi,
Schematics for any PBX of this type are truly "the stuff that dreams are made of", when in service maintenance extended to replacement of the unit as a whole entity.

It won't hurt to change any suspect looking electrolytics though as these units are now getting on in age and hopefully this will cure your ringing symptoms.

I have seen a few PBX's out there which have cooked looking resistors but function fine, have you measured the ones that look suspect?

Regards

Andrew
Old 18th Jan 2012, 9:52 pm   #3
adrian41uk
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Andrew,

Having now read some of your other threads, I've pretty much realised that these schematics are pretty much none existant in the public domain.

Guess I change the caps and see what happens; something to keep me out of mischief on these dark evenings!

On a slightly different topic, I bought a Revelation 3+9 to replace the ultimate: Moved here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=115571
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 9:26 pm   #4
tuzylak
Retired Dormant Member

Is The Ultimate 106 an updated system similar to the much earlier Minimaster 3?

I'm guessing the Ultimate 106 only works with tone dial standard telephones, including any BT tone phone from years back?
Old 24th Jun 2012, 9:39 am   #5
AndiiT
Octode

Hi,
The Ultimate 106 is a 1 line 6 extension system, unlike the Minimaster which is a 2 line 8 extension system so, basically, quite different.

Many of the later PBX's would accept pulse or tone dialing at the extension ports, but the setting of the phones would ultimately depend on what type of signalling the exchange required (this is not an issue now as almost all, and possibly all, exchanges accept both pulse and tone dial strings).

There are also some PBX's available such as the BT Revelation, Inspiration and Tiptel series which will convert a Pulse dial string appearing on the extension port to tone for connection to the public exchange network.

Mods - this post may have taken the original topic OT so please split it if required.

Regards

Andrew
Closed Thread