UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Nov 2009, 6:54 pm   #21
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS North West meet

May I add thanks to all who supported the Bring & Buy - especially those who donated items so that all their sale price will go to support the British Vintage Wireless & Television Museum.

I had wondered after the previous Lowton gathering whether the B&B was worthwhile, but it was much more successful this time.

It was also good to put one or two more faces to forum names - not to mention an escape for the day from the chaos of West Cumbria.
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 7:26 pm   #22
Framer Dave
Rest in Peace

Many thanks for an excellent meet, Mark! Although my own visit was necessarily short this time, I came away with a lovely Hacker Mayflower II.
It is now in place as our kitchen set and performs perfectly.

Looking forward to the next one.

Dave
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 7:32 pm   #23
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

Indeed a splendid day out! Although bad for the wallet!!!

Thanks to all who organised it.

Andy
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 11:43 pm   #24
Rejectostat
Hexode

I'd like to add my thanks to the organisers of this event.

In spite of the recent poor weather the event seemed to attract a good attendance. The vintage TV display was impressive, with a choice of three old programmes to be watched depending on which televisions were being viewed. Also interesting to hear and see (in a display organised by Igranic) the rare Ever Ready battery VHF receiver previously discussed on this Forum as well as other receivers of a similar type. Not to mention being a dream event for anyone who ever fancied owning an Eddystone receiver - there being around at least 10 different models at what seemed to be competitive prices (well they mostly sold anyway) on just one stall!

Thanks go to the organisers.
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 12:04 am   #25
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Lowton Event - Thanks!

Just a little note of thanks to the organisers of this event, and to forum members who supported it, either with stands or as potential "punters"! One of the nice things about these small events is the opportunity to meet "kindred spirits" who we often see on the forum but not in the flesh.

I was pleased to be able to meet fellow forum members Ed Dinning and Colin Armstrong, and also "Old John" from Ottringham, to the east of me here in East Yorks, who had a table.

Some members had travelled considerable distances to attend the event - not least of whom was BVWS Chairman, Mike Barker from Wilts, and was involved with the 405 line TV displays. He and I had arranged a swap or radios, which we were able to conclude.

I was pleased to be able to stock up with high voltage caps from the BVWS stand.

So, many thanks to all concerned!

David,
G4EBT

Last edited by Darren-UK; 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:12 am. Reason: Moved here from GVTD.
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 12:05 am   #26
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

My first visit to such an event.

I must say I enjoyed my visit and very impressed with the goods offered for sale and the prices asked !

Nice meting you as well MOFYA Andy, I enjoyed our discussion.

Many thanks to the organsiers

Mike
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 12:54 am   #27
stevekendal
Heptode

Yes, a big thanks to all involved in todays proceedings. A great day out once again, but this time, my plans went slightly awry, as I finished up taking home even more radios and valves than I came with. Doh
Heres a couple of memo shots I took of the show . My mate, seen just above the Pye Sunrise looks like he's been sniffing those lead solder fumes again!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/PB230049.jpg

Steve P (with permission) AKA Bodgit and Scarper Radio Repairs

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/PB230048.jpg

And heres what that collection was all about. The view just down our street (but we were the lucky ones here in Kendal)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/PB200046.jpg

Thanks again to all who gave and Mike on behalf of the BVWS. Steve.

Last edited by stevekendal; 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:03 am.
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 11:36 am   #28
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Yes - a great day, as usual. I expected to see Dave Moll and Steve Kendal wearing flippers.

Brilliant TV display, and plenty of things to browse through. Good to see Mike Barker making such a long journey, and the same to many others.

I've been pipped at the post for the Mayflower, but maybe that was for the best, as I've enough radios.

Got a book from GrimJosef, and a couple of LP's for my better half. Sorted a clock for Rejectostat on the table outside, got another one to take back and repair for MikeyMushRadio.
Steve was in his element sorting a R-to-R on the "Bodgit & Scaper" [sic] table.

Well done to the organisers, as this event seems to be increasing year-on-year.
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 5:15 pm   #29
Steve_P
Dekatron

Good day all round and thanks to Mark for organizing it.

I wonder if Fraya (who ran round for most of the day) has got any more piictures of Nipper yet. Sorry Maud....

Cheers,

Steve + Dilys.
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 9:08 pm   #30
John M0GLN
Octode

Can't really add much to the post's above, they say it all, excellent day, bought some bits and pieces, books, valves, transistor radio's etc, nice chatting to other forum members, and many thanks to all who helped organise it.

John
Closed Thread