UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Apr 2013, 8:42 pm   #1
elstongunnn
Retired Dormant Member

Default Dansette Lid

Hi.
Can anyone offer some advice? I bought a restored Dansette a few years ago and my son placed a rubber mask on the lid. When I removed it some of the paint came away leaving a few greyish strips on the white surface. It's nothing too serious and the marks aren't very deep but I'd like to get it back to the way it was. Can I just repaint the whole lid and if so what is the best paint to use? Cheers.
Chris
Old 30th Apr 2013, 10:52 am   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette Lid

Rather than redo the whole lid, I'd use artist's acrylic paint, from craft shops, and touch in the damage. You'll need white, and probably a deep yellow and a black to get the right shade, but as the paint is water solublewhilst it is wet, you can wipe it off if you're not happy. Remember that the shade will darken as it dries. When you're happy with the result, give it a coat of acrylic matt varnish.

Barry
Old 30th Apr 2013, 8:52 pm   #3
elstongunnn
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Dansette Lid

Thanks Barry, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Closed Thread