UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Aug 2008, 5:17 pm   #1
Keith_B
Tetrode

Default Font colour on Bush TR82 wave change

Hi. Have just bought a Bush TR82DL from a flea market in superb condition. Even has the original instructions & battery bag. What I want to find out is the colour of the writing on the wave change buttons. This one is gold. Was it gold on the wave change buttons on the TR82CL. Mine is rubbed off, but I can see where the writing was once there.

What about the VTR103 (rubbed off as my CL),
TR82B,C & D and MB60. These appear to be black or is this dirt?

Regards
Keith
Old 25th Aug 2008, 6:43 pm   #2
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Default Re: Font colour on Bush TR82 wave change

Hello Keith,

I have at least one example of each of the 13 variants produced by Bush sharing the same TR82 type case. If the sets in my collection are anything to go by then the models having three push buttons; VTR103, VTR103C, TR82CL, TR82DL came in either gold or black. I have examples of both colour types. I believe that the other two button models; MB60 MkI, MB60 MkII, TR82B, TR82C MkI, TR82C MkII, TR82D, EBM60, ETR82, ETR92 only came with black lettering.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 25th Aug 2008, 9:00 pm   #3
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Further to my earlier reply please note the EBM60, ETR82, ETR92 also have three push buttons not two as implied. However like the more common two button sets the lettering (M, S1, S2) on their buttons is black.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 25th Aug 2008, 10:29 pm   #4
Keith_B
Tetrode

Thanks Robert for the information

Keith
Closed Thread