UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Sep 2020, 8:16 am   #21
Freya
Octode

Default Re: What standards converter?

what length do you need ?
If you search "Scart to 3 x Phono Cable" it will provide what you need. Ebay list an enormous selection, Amazon likewise.
Old 11th Sep 2020, 4:20 pm   #22
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Hello Steve. Pin 19 is video out. Pin 17 is video ground. Audio outputs are on pins 1 and 3 with Pin 4 audio ground. You can purchase skeleton scart plugs very cheaply. John.

PS Crossed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scart. .jpg
Views:	110
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	215431  
Old 11th Sep 2020, 4:53 pm   #23
stevehertz
Dekatron

Thanks John. I have a few scart leads knocking about, I'll have a look I may even have the correct one. If not then I can always re-wire with plugs as per your info.
Old 15th Oct 2020, 9:32 am   #24
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
As one of the original testers of the Hedghog I can vouch that it is a very competent converter. They have the advantage of having all switchable modes on switches on the front panel. The Aurora is well known to us all and yes it is well proven and reliable with the advantage of having test card C as its default test card whereas the Hedghog is a variation of the Philips PM card and unfortunately not flash-able, That is really the only downside if the Hedghog. Between the two I'd put the Hedghog slightly ahead of the Aurora in terms of definition TBH that and the fact you don't need open it up to change parameters with the dip switches is good.
The Hedghog2 is more features too and the dual version does 405 to 625 conversion albeit it does need a clean signal in that mode.
You can see the report on the first Hedghog here: https://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/f...hlight=hedghog
Old 18th Oct 2020, 11:17 am   #25
stevehertz
Dekatron

Thanks everyone. I have bought a Hedgehog2. When I eventually get around to restoring my TV22 I'm sure I'll be pleased with the Hedgehog's performance rom what people say.