UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jan 2021, 2:53 pm   #1
Kentode
Octode

Default Output Wattmeter.

As Maplin are no longer with us, will the 0-300 uA meter pictured be suitable for Paul's Audio output level meter?

Should I tweak the value of any components or leave as-is to stop me from wrapping the pointer around the endstop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-18-13-41-32-569_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	224844  

BVWS member
Old 18th Jan 2021, 6:57 pm   #2

Default Re: Output Wattmeter.

It will be fine, no tweaks needed.

Old 18th Jan 2021, 7:18 pm   #3
Kentode
Octode

Thanks for that, I'll get it ordered.

I've got two Bush VTR 103's on the bench and I'm about to attempt my first alignment.

BVWS member
Old 19th Jan 2021, 12:36 am   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

At worst, you might have to reduce the value of the series resistor, but it’s not a measuring device, it’s an output indicator so all you need to do in use is to set the receiver’s volume control to get the meter to about half scale so that as you align the receiver you can see the needle peak or fall.

It’s a useful little device - I’ve used mine several times since I built it almost a year ago:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=163530

Hope that helps Ken
Closed Thread