UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2020, 12:29 pm   #21

Default Re: Pulsynetic master clock: question about gravity arm roller.

I got rid of my (made by me) Sychronome, same idea and a clonk. Replaced with a Magneta PO36, almost silent. The dials do click a little, rather reassuring.

Old 24th Sep 2020, 8:16 pm   #22
Robsradio
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicmerlin View Post
With my working 1930s clock there is very little play in the roller bearing.
I do have a 1960s clock in my to do pile and there is so much play it’s almost falling off. But it was still working when taken out of service.
I have my clock in the utility ,not ideal and the constant change of temperatures does muck up the accuracy.it was put they because of the noise.

“We have got used to the light clunk of all the slave clocks round the house and don’t mind them at all”

Andy
Agreed, I have a Synchronome master running a slave in each room, I have Gent C7s but they are not run constantly, far too loud clunk!
PO36 nice and quiet, just the Hipp Toggle and count wheel pawls to hear

Rob
Old 29th Sep 2020, 11:16 am   #23
vosperd
Hexode

Although I have master clocks from TMC, Synchronome and Magneta I'd not heard of Pulsynetic. Looks like an interesting project.
Just saw one of their slave clocks on a station that Michael Protillo was visiting on one of his railway journeys.
I wonder if anyone remembersthe TMC "SPB", Short Pendulum Bob, master clock.It received it's sustaining pulse at random intervals as the pendulum lost amplitude. A relay energised sending a roller along a ramp which gave the pendulum a rather violent push. Not a brilliant timekeeper as I remember.
Don m5aky
Old 29th Sep 2020, 11:39 am   #24
barrymagrec
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsradio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicmerlin View Post
With my working 1930s clock there is very little play in the roller bearing.
I do have a 1960s clock in my to do pile and there is so much play it’s almost falling off. But it was still working when taken out of service.
I have my clock in the utility ,not ideal and the constant change of temperatures does muck up the accuracy.it was put they because of the noise.

“We have got used to the light clunk of all the slave clocks round the house and don’t mind them at all”

Andy
Agreed, I have a Synchronome master running a slave in each room, I have Gent C7s but they are not run constantly, far too loud clunk!
PO36 nice and quiet, just the Hipp Toggle and count wheel pawls to hear

Rob
I visited the Synchronome factory Salisbury way once, and saw the talking clock system of the time, a large mag coated drum.
Closed Thread