UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Oct 2017, 3:27 pm   #1
mckillia
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Various vintage tech needing valuation.

Hi Everyone,

Recently I had a clear out of my loft and found various tech from the 70's/ 80's.
I am looking to get a rough valuation on these items.
I have attached the pictures and any information anyone can give me will be helpful.
The TV and the LP player are both Ferguson models and the 8 track is Soundesign. The portable cassette player is National Panasonic.
Thanks in Advance for any help you can give me.
Respectfully
Liam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171009_133858.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	150689   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_150008.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	150690   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_120329.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	150691   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_162708.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	150692  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 5:19 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Various vintage tech needing valuation.

The record player might fetch a few tens of £s given the present vinyl revival if it's in good working order. Inherently it's nothing special, nor is any of the other stuff with perhaps an exception for the eight track since it was a shortlived medium of no particular merit mainly found in cars and muzak machines and hence attracts collectors of the obscure and unloved.

You haven't unearthed any treasure, I'm afraid, but it is an interesting little hoard.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 13th Oct 2017, 5:31 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Yes, all interesting stuff, if of little financial value.

I'd be very surprised if your hoard didn't earn you £10-£20 per item, maybe a little more on a good day.

You can advertise them for sale here, but you have to state a price (unless proceeds are going to charity, in which case "offers" is acceptable).

eBay is another option, but you need good photos and descriptions. I would list the record player and telly as collect only, but the others could be posted without too much grief.

Good luck with them,

Nick.
Old 13th Oct 2017, 5:34 pm   #4
julie_m
Dekatron

My Grandad used to have almost exactly the same stereo record player / radio, but in white and badged Ultra. It will knock spots off anything modern.
Old 13th Oct 2017, 5:34 pm   #5
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Hi Liam, I live in a 'gentrified/Hipster' area where prices are overinflated. If something interesting comes up, I sometimes restore audio kit that passes through one shop. The following are informed opinions, not predictions ;-)

The TV will not sell in a shop. A collector may buy it for £20 as a restoration project. Transport costs are an issue (ie, it has to be collected in a car!)

The record player isn't quite old enough to be attractive to people wanting a vintage vibe (valve era or older transistor era) In a hipsterish shop the owner might give you £20 for it, hoping to sell it for £75-£100. Look on EBay for actual sales, not list prices.

The portable cassette player has little interest except as a curio, maybe a shop would give you £5 for it.

Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around!
Old 13th Oct 2017, 7:53 pm   #6
mckillia
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the messages guys appreciate it.
I will stick around and if I unearth anything else interesting I will be sure to get your opinions again.
Did think I had an interesting find with this typewriter as well as it dates back to the 1930's. Apparently it isn't that interesting as there are plenty of them around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171013_155111.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	150707   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171013_155121.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	150708   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171013_155134.jpg
Views:	79